Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More Proof

In case anyone wasn’t sure how happy I have been with the results of trying the Feingold diet, I have more proof.

Yesterday was the “Fall Feast” at my son’s school. The teacher had a cute activity for the kids to do. They each had a cooking that they would decorate as a turkey. Of course this involved candy corn, frosting, and a gel decorative frosting. Of course, this involved artificial colors and who knows what else.

I allowed my son to have it because, well let’s face it, I am a push over. By that afternoon and into this morning he was extremely grumpy and whiny. Now that over 24 hours have past, he is doing great again.

Before we started this diet, I would have never thought my son would be sensitive to artificial colors and flavors. Now I am absolutely convinced that we both are. The Feingold diet is not new. I wish I had known about it much earlier.

For those of us in the States, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I keep telling everyone that this diet really isn’t that difficult to do. As proof of that, we are having almost everything we had last year with very few adjustments.

The hardest thing for me has been becoming more aware of what we are eating. As long as you are paying attention, there are so many options and choices out there.

I challenge everyone to think about what their child eats in one day. Are there easy alternatives you could provide? I promise the answer is yes and I encourage everyone to give it a try.

No comments: